Welcome to my poetry & short stories!

Hi,



I've been writing poetries. I have recently started writing short stories. It would be pleasure if you read my work.



Best regards,

Sanket



Ph: 9873762277 (M, Delhi)







Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Mussouri - Gun Hill Point

We began the tough ten-mile trip to this steep summit
We opted for the longest route with our legs trying to prove it
As we were climbing, it was getting colder and colder, chillier and chillier
However, it was also getting glorious, glittering and gaudier

Our legs hobbled at the tenth mile, seemed to be screaming as if to prove a point
At last those two legs limped us to the summit of Gun Hill Point
Now, we could clearly see the ropeway trolley over our head
And the mild wind making us appear the Dehradoon town to be moving instead

So many tiny villages visible looked like floating because of this wind
So many people trying to capture this breathtaking scene suddenly came in a bind
As the soft cotton blanket of clouds smothered the entire scene ahead of us
The sky resembled a bath tub full of froth and fermented foam ahead of us

Then suddenly I saw some cars way down appearing like matches in a box
Upon enlarging the image they looked like a sly fox
Upon enlarging further they looked like a burning bear
Such vivid are my memories that it shakes me with certain fear!

This entire magical moment was best captured in my handycam
Hope I could have brought the scene alive in this world of traffic jam
The trip to this serene place thus became an escapade awash with memories
That I hereby decide to recite to my friends several such splendid stories...

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete